108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Console and the rp2470 (Help..)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Boris_8
Occasional Contributor

Console and the rp2470 (Help..)

I am installing a rp2470, this have a monitor of 19" and a graphic card of fabric. I dont order the terminal console, only de monitor.

When i turn on the rp2470, te monitor dont display nothing, except:

Remote* dISPLAY Auto
Mode FUNCTNS Lf

I donr see teh PDC,What i can do????
Always ON
6 REPLIES 6
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Console and the rp2470 (Help..)

What happens when you type ctrl-b ??

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi
As I understand the graphic card can't be used as console monitor (for installing and such). Instead you can use the web console if connecting this to your network. If you look at the rear of your computer ther is two network connection one is marked LAN console or something like this. The problem is configuring the IP adress of the LAN console (GSP service processor). The simplest way is to connect a terminal to the serial port. But if you dont have a terminal there are other ways. Look at this thread:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xadc03a7b3682d611abdb0090277a778c,00.html
Boris_8
Occasional Contributor

i press ctrl+b, but dont happen
Always ON
Boris_8
Occasional Contributor

Thanks,

I think too that i cant use the 19 " monitor like console.

I see in the manual before configure the Lan console, i must configure the terminal console.

I dont have a hp 700 or other console of hp, what i can do???
Always ON
GOLDSTEIN Marc
Advisor

You can use one of your good old PC!
Just connect a serial cable to the 9pin COM1 on the PC side, other side on the rp2470, then use Hype terminal with a good config on com1 (no modem).

Nothing is impossible, just have to find how to!!!
John M Poltrack
Advisor

I'm having a bad out-of-box experience with my rp2470.

I was able to use the hyperterm to do most of my work, but remember to use a null cable else you'll be burned (as I was) by having a computer to computer connection.

I configured the Lan web thing through GSP, but the web page is garbage.

What I REALLY want to do is the use the expensive monitor I have with X-windows but it keeps complaining that I have no X-pointer attached. Frustating because there is only USB ports. I wonder if I have the wrong version of HPux 11i (OE version). I'm unhappy, I feel for the customers