1753454 Members
5968 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Disk Performance in one direction

Dave Chamberlin
Trusted Contributor

Disk Performance in one direction

Greetings. I fell like I won the lottery - as I spent the past hour looking for a way to add a post into this forum. Due to some random act of navigation I actually got a button to add a post!!

Anyway I have an rp7420 which has been for some time connected via fiber channel to an EVA4400. There are no problems with the 4400 performance wise - just spacewise. I am migrating the storage on this and several other servers to an EVA6000. The first 5 servers have no problems on the new storage. The last one has severe performance issues with reads. I can copy a file (using cp) from a disk mounted from the 4400 to a disk mounted from the 6000. The copy takes 4 seconds for a 350M file.  A copy from the 6000 disk back to a 4400 disk of the same size file takes forever - at least after 3 minutes - it is up to 12M, so it will take about 90 minutes. This server has no issues on it's 4400 storage. More perplexing, I have a identical server with same QPK patch, etc which has no problems. Any ideas? I am thinking the FC cards - both are 4G cards. Any help appreciated. thanks

1 REPLY 1
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Disk Performance in one direction

> I spent the past hour looking for a way to add a post into this forum.

Have you looked at the FAQ under the Quick Links menu?

http://community.hpe.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/posting#posting