New Discussion юеВ

Re: SYSTEM LED STATUS

SOLVED
Go to solution
RAVI S_1
Occasional Advisor

SYSTEM LED STATUS

Hi gurus,

We have one 6 nos rp3410 servers for Test and Development purposes.
In one of them the System LED in the front panel is glowing with RED color.I checked and found there is no CPU or memory high Utilisation. Can anybody help me to find out the problem??
8 REPLIES 8
Victor Fridyev
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

There is not any connection between the panel LEDs and application running on the computer, which may cause CPU overload or memory leak. These LEDs show status of the computer HW and its history.
In order to see the reason of these unusual colors, you have to connect via console and to investigate event logs. If the computer has or had a problem, you will see it in the logs

HTH
Entities are not to be multiplied beyond necessity - RTFM
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

the LED stattus will change once you read the errors
Redhat
Trusted Contributor

Log in to MP console .The default user name and password will be Admin/Admin .You will get menu based display.

check the logs.

Once you view the log the LED status will be normal.
RAVI S_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi All,
Thanks for u r reply.
But I have checked the logs and i couldn't find any hardware related error messages then I cleared logs and waited for 2 days.
But there is no updation in the log files now. Pls help me to find out the problem
Thanks
Ravi S
Asif Sharif
Honored Contributor

Hi Ravi,

Did you check the syslog and found any thing wrong? After reading the System logs (SL) your Red LED would be off.But red light shows that there must be some problem in Hardware, or might be its due to over temperature.

Thanks and Regards,
Asif Sharif
Regards,
Asif Sharif
jaivinder
Frequent Advisor

Check the console logs by logging into the MP and run command sl and see the error logs.You will come to know that what is the problem with system.
Avinash Agarkar
Valued Contributor

Hi,

login to MP and check the SL logs if any temprature related errors are their sometimes because of over heat system show red led.

Avinash
Great Power Comes With Great Responsibility
Crewescontrol
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

For the RP34xx this is direct from the service manual.

"For system alerts of levels 3-5, the attention condition on the LED can be cleared by accessing the logs using
the sl command available in the management processor command mode."

"The fault condition for system alerts of level 7 can only be cleared with the dc command unless hardware
replacement is necessary. Refer to the SL error logs for additional error information."

This basically means if the amber led is flashing, looking at the logs through SL will clear the led. If its the red led flashing, you have to turn the power on and off to clear it, by the DC if you like. If the red led comes on again, there has to be something in your logs to show you why its on.

Hope it helps