1752275 Members
4894 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: modem suggestion for HP9000 needed

Grant Willey
Advisor

modem suggestion for HP9000 needed

I've got an HP9000 D220 server currently using a MultiTech modem for dialup. I believe this modem is having connectivity issues and want to replace it. The phone line to it has been checked and found to be error free. Can anyone suggest an alternative that will work under HP-UX v11.0 on my D220 box? Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
yendenos
Advisor

we use to use US Robotics 56K modems succesfully on these boxes several years ago.

:-) John.
Grant Willey
Advisor

do you know the particular model#? i was looking at the V.everything modem...
John Carr_2
Honored Contributor

try the 56k faxmodem i have one at home and its worked on lots of different workstations and servers I have had. sorry cant tell you model number until this evening.
John Carr_2
Honored Contributor

Grant

if you use the search box at the top of the page and enter robotics you will find lots of good threads relating to US robotics modems.

Darren Prior
Honored Contributor

Hi Grant,

Alternative modems... Well, HP has used MultiTech modems for a while. I'd suggest something like a MT5634ZDX or MT5634ZBA.

Are you sure your modem is broken? On a D2xx class without any extra mux cards you only have 2 9 pin serial ports unless you have the optional access card. The 2 serial ports are not supported for modem usage due to limited handshaking lines. They may work for a while, but there's a chance that they won't work after they've reset. The port on the access card is really for use with a modem for HP dial in use or for Predict, and it's possible that the port may be hung.

regards,

Darren.
Calm down. It's only ones and zeros...