New Discussion юеВ

Re: re : Can someone help

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vincent_5
Super Advisor

re : Can someone help

Hi Guys,
Can someone advice how can I get this to work again, I have a G40 server install with 10.01 OS and in it there is a HP-PB scsi/parallel card 28655A and is connected to a storage . When I run ioscan, the scsi interface is claimed but the parallel interface is not, it show unclaimed and unknown . Where can I find a patch or driver to have the storage seen again. Please help urgent...

Regards
Vincent
nothing is better than to know more
5 REPLIES 5
Phil uk
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

If you can see the SCSI as claimed in IOSCAN, then i would expect you to be able to see your storage.
Is this an old machine that you have started to use again / have reloaded the OS / recently installed this HP-PB card into it?
What sort or storage do you have connected to the SCSI port?
Was this once a working configuration?

http://www.docs.hp.com/en/5960-3126/5960-3126.pdf

Rgds,
Phil
gsb_2
Regular Advisor

If I remember right from my previous life as a HP CE, the parallel interface on that card was never used and should have nothing to do with the SCSI storage.

Greg
Marcel Burggraeve
Trusted Contributor

I can confirm what both Phil and gsb already have said.
For your SCSI storage it doesn't matter if the parallel interface is or isn't claimed.
Getting it claimed would require to activate a driver in the kernel but it will not help you with the SCSI storage.
Vincent_5
Super Advisor

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the reply and info, well the storage is very old mini tower type and the harddisk is like giant size but only 800MB. Initially it was working, some how or rather after the server crash , it cannot see the storage anymore. Anyway, I have already replaced the internal harddisk to a higher capacity which will solve the problem. Thanks a lot appreicate it.

Regards
Vincent
nothing is better than to know more
Sindhia Naidu
Advisor

As Greg advised. The parallel has got nothing to do with SCSI.