1748027 Members
4936 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

stty +resetGSP < /dev/GSPdiag1 : QUESTIONS

Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

stty +resetGSP < /dev/GSPdiag1 : QUESTIONS

This is for a newly delivered A500. While setting up the LAN console, which works fine, and after telneting into the GSP and after setting up "...user 1...".

Here is the GSP's "...user 1..." parameters.

GSP wide parameters are:
. Login Timeout: 1 minutes.
. Number of Password Faults allowed: 3
. Flow Control Timeout: 5 minutes.

Do you want to modify the GSP wide parameters? (Y/[N]) n

User number 1 parameters are:
. User's Name: #####
. User's Login: #####
. Organization's Name:
. Dial-back configuration: Disabled
. Access Level: Administrator
. Mode: Multiple
. User's state: Enabled

QUESTION 1:

After Running : stty +resetGSP < /dev/GSPdiag1.

"...user 1's..." login nor password are reset.

QUESTION 2:

Also after running : stty +resetGSP < /dev/GSPdiag1

I receive " ...Connection closed by foreign host...." then lose my telnet connection and end up back where I started.

This is similar to the response I get with the "...DI..." command. (* DIsconnect remote or LAN console *) But I'm not executing "...DI..." from the GSP.

Comments?
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
4 REPLIES 4
Ken Hubnik_2
Honored Contributor

Re: stty +resetGSP < /dev/GSPdiag1 : QUESTIONS

Have you tried resetting the GSP with the XD command?? or there should be a reset button on the back of the machine just for the GSP.

Your physical network cabling must be going directly to the GSP LAN, right? That is why when you reset the GSP with the +resetGSP command you lose your telnet connection. You have just reset the port you are connecting to.

The reset GSP command is useful if you are logged into your system via a network interface (core i/o lan or pci lan) that is NOT the GSP lan. If at that point you required console access (for example to watch the system boot, stop at bch, etc.) and could not access the GSP lan because it was hung, you could issue the reset GSP command and re-enable your console.

Best Regards,

Chris
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Put in a call to HP HW and was advised that:

stty +resetGSP < /dev/GSPdiag1

...is specific to external web console device only and to use reset button for A500 instead.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Tobias Hartlieb
Trusted Contributor

I want to comment on QUESTION 1:
Just a GSP reset does NOT reset login and passwords to default. For this, you have to watch the LOCAL Console upon GSP reset. There, you should have briefly a line quoting something like 'Press R to Reset GSP to default values'. When you hit during these few seconds the 'r', your GSP Passwords should be reset, too. But again, this only works on the LOCAL Console, not with the LAN console!

Regards.

Tobias
HP Germany