HP SoftPaq Download Manager
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

FAQ(03): Can SDM keep my system up-to-date?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Honored Contributor

FAQ(03): Can SDM keep my system up-to-date?

[ Edited ]

It would be great to show what driver/software version is installed and what is being recommended to be update/upgraded.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Trusted Contributor Trusted Contributor

Re: FAQ(03): How can I use SDM to keep my system up-to-date?

[ Edited ]

Yes. SDM "update" mode (introduced with SDM 3.0.0.0) will do just that.

Note: This feature supports only SoftPaqs that have an external CVA file and are SSM-compliant.

To start SDM in "update" mode, select the "Check software update for this model" on the first dialog box after the SDM "splash screen".

If no such dialog box pops up, then the dialog has been disabled, but you can still change SDM to "update" mode (see below).

To change SDM to "update" mode from another mode, just select the "Check for Updates" button on the top toolbar below the SDM main menu.

1 REPLY
Trusted Contributor Trusted Contributor

Re: FAQ(03): How can I use SDM to keep my system up-to-date?

[ Edited ]

Yes. SDM "update" mode (introduced with SDM 3.0.0.0) will do just that.

Note: This feature supports only SoftPaqs that have an external CVA file and are SSM-compliant.

To start SDM in "update" mode, select the "Check software update for this model" on the first dialog box after the SDM "splash screen".

If no such dialog box pops up, then the dialog has been disabled, but you can still change SDM to "update" mode (see below).

To change SDM to "update" mode from another mode, just select the "Check for Updates" button on the top toolbar below the SDM main menu.