5586 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Need man pages for exported interfaces

hp-ux technical documen
Occasional Contributor

Need man pages for exported interfaces

Hi,
I am a writing some DLKMs for hpux in my organisation. The biggest issue I am facing is that my hpux 11i v2 (on itanium) doesnt have any man pages for the exported interfaces like lookupname/vn_open/kmem_arena_alloc etc. Can anybody tell me how can I get the man pages of such exported interfaces, or just the usage of them.
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Arunvijai_4
Honored Contributor

Re: Need man pages for exported interfaces

Hello, Have you looked into Streams User manual,

http://docs.hp.com/en/5991-4437/5991-4437.pdf

I think, it should have information what you are looking for.

-Arun
"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for"
RAC_1
Honored Contributor

hp-ux technical documen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your replies, but they didnt help. Neither the streams guide, nor the man page links contains the manuals of the ones I am looking for. I am specifically looking for kernel interfaces which are exported for the public use. eg. lookupname() is a very good example of such interface.
Solaris provides these kind of man pages under section 9f. Does hpux also provide the similar thing somewhere.
I know such man pages are maintained in the hpux source code repository, as I did work on a couple of them earlier, but wondering why they arent shipped or put anywhere on the web.

Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I guess for interfaces,concerned routines, functions infomration could be retrieved by referring the HP-UX man pages type 7 ( Device Special Files ) and type 4 ( File formats ) and type 3 ( Library funcations ).
I guess man pages type 4 are equivalent to 9F pages in Solaris.

Refer this url and look for 11iV2
at
http://www.docs.hp.com/en/hpuxman_pages.html
hp-ux technical documen
Occasional Contributor

Umm.. I think I still didnt get what I am looking for. Can I get the man page or reference help for vn_xxx() calls which could be used from DLKMs. The prototypes in vnode.h/vfs.h files are pretty much good for nothing to know the use of the parameters.
Same is the issue with many more such interfaces.

Thanks.