Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community

Join the conversation with experts and colleagues to get advice, discuss issues, and find solutions
Posted to:
Original author:
I am trying to build something on hpux ia64 11.31 that requires a gcc version of 4.8.2 or later. The current available version in the hp depot is 4.2.3. I have the source for gcc 4.8.2 and I am trying to build it. When running the 'configure' for the...
Posted to:
Original author:
Is it possible to restore Ignite backup on SAN Boot disk on HP UX 11i V3 version ?
Posted to:
Original author:
I am getting the below error when extending the filesystem on HP-UX . UX:vxfs fsadm: ERROR: V-3-20340: attempt to resize /dev/vgtest/rlvtest1 failed with errno 16. What could be the issue here ?
Posted to:
Original author:
Hello everybody! After changing the disk of mirror I cannot extend the logical volume, I have a message lvextend: Not enough free physical extents available. Could you help me, may be I need extend the size of lv ? And I don't see why it is not enoug...
Posted to:
Original author:
Hello. I am running HP 11.31 on a BLc870 blade. can someone tell me how to easily check the firmware version?? thanks
Posted to:
Original author:
Configured on my system ignite-ux dhcp OK tftp OK swacl check MMM...no. when i start to install,the process start but end with "Failed installing fileset "SW-DIST.SD-AGENT," And cannot continue,with dvd works fine. What can be? Corrupt...
Posted to:
Original author:
In my experience, HP-UX is the best Unix available; better than AIX and way better than Solaris. It’s not without its flaws, but in terms of resiliency, ease of use, and general capability it’s head and shoulders above the competition. With that in m...
Posted to:
Original author:
Hello, It is my pleasure to share information. Yes, I know that these commands are not known to majority of users :) I am a Senior Instructor in HP Education and IT Architect in Australia/New Zealand (teaching all sorts of HP-UX, Solaris, LInux (Red...
Posted to:
Original author:
Hello, Several people asked me how to do it on HP-UX 11.31. It is worthwhile to summarize. a) LVM method (to copy ISO into a logical volume) is the same as for older HP-UX releases: 1. Find out the size of the ISO image: # du -k /mydir/myfile.iso 2....
  • Legend
  • New MessagesNew Messages
  • No New Messages No New Messages
  • Hot ThreadHot Thread
  • Replied-to Thread Replied-to Thread
  • Read Only ThreadRead Only Thread
Events
February 2016
Software Expert Days - 2016
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during the online Expert Days - see details below. Software experts do not monitor this foru...
Read more
Ongoing
See board event postings
Vivit Events - 2016
Learn about upcoming Vivit webinars and live events in 2016.
Read more
Top Authors
Honored Contributor
Acclaimed Contributor
Acclaimed Contributor