3920 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Request for design enhancement input on firmware management

SOLVED
Go to solution

Request for design enhancement input on firmware management

Dear Community Members

Our supportability engineers are designing new processes for updating firmware for systems, storage, networking and I/O cards. We are interested in understanding what firmware management features are important to you (our customers). We would like to get your opinion on installation processes, intelligent software tools for managing firmware, and general information about the current firmware management and update processes.

If you are interested, please go to the following URL and complete the web-based survey.

http://docs.hp.com/survey/customer_survey_on_firmware.html

Once you have submitted the survey, please come back to this thread and reply that you have completed the web-based questionnaire.

With your input, we can plan to greatly enhance the firmware update process for HP customers like you.

Thanks! We look forward to your input...

HP Itanium Product Team
7 REPLIES 7
Yosef Rosenblatt
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: Request for design enhancement input on firmware management

Dear HP Itanium Product Team,
I guess HP forgot to tell you what they made extremely clear to the 3000 community. There is no Itanium for the 3000. Thank you so much for putting salt in our wounds.

Not my employer's opinion.
Yosef Rosenblatt

Hi Yosef,

Thank you for your comments, This team looking to improve firmware updates for all HP Server customers and your input is very valuable to us.

Thanks
Frank Kaufman
Honored Contributor

I have completed the survey. Upon hitting submit, I got the following message:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, feedback@fc.hp.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the information, I will check into it.

Thank you
Chuck Ciesinski
Honored Contributor

HP-IPT,

I haven't gone to the site yet, since it's unavailble,so please forgive my ignorance, will this also support HP-UX, NT and Linux? It's a damn shame that HP did not make good on it's promise several years ago for MPE/iX systems, which will not have an Itanium based system. Oh well, such is life.

My $ .04 for inflation,

Chuck Ciesinski
"Show me the $$$$$"

Hi Chuck,

All appears to be working with the survey site now. It should work in any browser.

Thanks

Thanks