New Discussion

Set device power sequence from CLI for c7000

SOLVED
Go to solution
ginigangadharan
Occasional Advisor

Set device power sequence from CLI for c7000

Hi Team,

Anyone please advice the commands for setting device power sequence for blades from OA CLI ?

We are using ssh/CLI and prefer to do it from CLI instead of GUI which will take long time to set this one be one.

Enclosure :  BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure G2

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
FB-1
Visitor
Solution

Re: Set device power sequence from CLI for c7000

This is from the CLI user guide http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=1844065&docId=emr_na-c00702815&docLocale=en_US

SET SERVER POWERDELAY {ALL | <bay number> [{ - | , } <bay number>]} {number

of seconds to delay power | NOPOWERON}

Description: Set the PowerDelay status for the specified server or range of servers. If the delay is zero, the delay has

no effect on the device. If the delay is NOPOWERON, the device cannot poweron until all devices have

completed their delays.

Access level/Bay level: Administrator

Bay specific

mich_a
Occasional Advisor

Dear ginigangadharan,

In addition to previous response you may leverage HP scripting tools for powershell for such configuration tasks.

With powershell you may automate configuration tasks as well as collect management information for HP servers.

Relevant commands for the device power sequense are the below:

• Get-HPOAServerPowerDelay : Gets the PowerDelay status for the specified server blade or range of server blades.
  • Set-HPOAPowerDelay : Set the PowerDelay status for the specified server or range of servers or for specified interconnect or range of interconnects.

Related documenation:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04271546

Regards

I'm an HP employee
I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
ginigangadharan
Occasional Advisor

Thanks a lot , really appreciated.

ginigangadharan
Occasional Advisor

Thanks mich_a, really helpful one. Appreciated.

evPlasma32
Occasional Visitor

We are still running c7000 Chassis- By enabling the power sequence and Apply the change will this cause any type of reboot for the devices installed so changes will take effect ?

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @evPlasma32

Thank you for writing to us.  Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and assist you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo