BladeSystem - General
1753706 Members
4826 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Brand new C7000 system won't connect to blades with error "Could not connect error (0xfffff

kvasko

Brand new C7000 system won't connect to blades with error "Could not connect error (0xffffffff)."

This is a brand new Gen9 C7000 blade system with 16 nodes. I am getting  "Could not connect error (0xffffffff). Wait a few seconds and try again." I have upgraded the OA to the latest version of firmware that I got from here (4.50
1 Oct 2015). The system shows 4.50 as the OA version. Any suggestions on how to get the console to connect to the KVM of the nodes?

https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/product?language=en_US&cep=on&kmpmoid=1844065&tab=driversAndSoftware

[Moderator edit: Updated the broken link.]

5 REPLIES 5
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: Brand new C7000 system won't connect to blades with error "Could not connect error (0xfffff

Your post is a week old, so I hope you are up and running by now!   But, where were you seeing this error message?  Were you able to get to the OA and see the blades?  Was this error from a blade console?

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Rameshm2k

Re: Brand new C7000 system won't connect to blades with error "Could not connect erro

Even i am facing similar issue, kindly guide to fix this issue,  Once, we connect keyboard to OA1 usb port and select the respective blade server from the KVM menu, i am getting this error   "Could not connect error (0xffffffff). Wait a few seconds and try again.

Server Details:

HP  C7000 blade system with HP ProLiant DL460c Gen8 Servers.

Also, we have 8 servers, only 2 servers, i am getting the above error, rest of the servers, i am able to connect without any issues.

Sunitha_Mod

Re: Brand new C7000 system won't connect to blades with error "Could not connect erro

Hello @Rameshm2k,

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the expert can check and assist you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Rafaqatmahmoud

Hi ,

Did you get the solution? If yes kindly share with us.

thank you!

Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

Hello @Rafaqatmahmoud

Good day!

Are you facing the same issue? If yes, you can give a try to below instructions:

>> Ensure that all cables connecting the KVM module to the BladeSystem and the blades themselves are securely plugged in.
Check Blade Server Power:
>> Make sure that the blade servers are powered on and properly functioning. If the blades are not powered on, you won't be able to connect to them via KVM.

>> Log in to the Onboard Administrator web interface. >>Go to "Enclosure Information" and check the status of the KVM modules. Ensure they are online and functioning correctly.

>> If the KVM modules are showing as online but you still can't connect, try rebooting them from the Onboard Administrator web interface.

>> Check if there are firmware updates available for the KVM modules and apply them if necessary. Firmware updates can often resolve compatibility and connectivity issues.

>> Ensure that the network configuration for the OA and KVM modules is correct. Verify IP addresses, subnet masks, and gateway settings.

>> Verify that there are no firewall rules or network security settings blocking communication to the KVM modules.

>> As a last resort, you can try resetting the KVM module to its default settings. Be cautious with this step, as it may require reconfiguration of the KVM module afterward.

>> If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's advisable to contact HPE support for further assistance.

Before attempting any of these steps, kindly check documentation specific to your HPE C7000 BladeSystem and follow any recommended procedures. Additionally, make sure you have appropriate backups and configurations saved, especially before performing any firmware updates or factory resets.

I hope this helps! Let me know

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.