BladeSystem - General
1748195 Members
4328 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Can I forward ILO traps on to a management server?

jackie baron_1
Regular Advisor

Can I forward ILO traps on to a management server?

Hi,

I'm a Blade newbie and have a question. I have a C7000 that has five Proliant blades inside. I can login to the rack OA and navigate to the SNMP settings and send a test trap to a management server and it is received. I can do the same with one of the Blade, i.e. login to iLO2, navigate to the SNMP settings and send a test trap to the management server.

What I'd like to know, and can't figure out is, is it possible for the blades to send their traps to the OA and then for it to forward them on to the management server? I tried sending a test trap from the iLO blade to the ip address of the OA but nothing appeared to happen. I couldn't find anywhere that would indicate that it received a trap and certainly nothing was forwarded to the management server.

Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

Re: Can I forward ILO traps on to a management server?

My guess would be no.  The OA doesn't have the intelligence to know to forward it on.

I think what you are trying to do would be like sending a trap from one DL380 iLO to another DL380 iLO and having it forward that to a management server.  As far as I know that wouldn't work.