1753797 Members
6932 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Service Pack for Proliant FTP download hang

HP-JPC

HP Service Pack for Proliant FTP download hang

hi,

downloaded HP_Service_Pack_for_Proliant_2012.08.0-0_703859-001_SPP_2012.08.0-SPP2012080.2012_0730.60.iso, ran HPSUM.EXE, tick ftp.hp.com as a repositry, everything goes according to plan until it gets to the installation part where it shows a percentage and the time in HP SUM. 

It downloads most of the cpXXXXX.exe files but then it hangs trying to download a component. I restart the server then try again but it continues to get stuck on downloading cpXXXXXXX.exe. I manually download the file ok and install it then it may download some more but always gets stuck. 

Connectivity is fine etc and manually downloading from ftp.hp.com works fine.

Ive tried the PSP.9.1.0 too which has HP SUM 5.1.0 but the same thing happens.

any ideas?

thanks

matt

2 REPLIES 2
ARijnbeek

Same here
Heinerup

Hi

I found this, maybe this can help. I dont know your configuration.  if you have an Hyper V server and will update, you need to deploy from another server and push update to Hyper V server as a taget server.

HP SUM is unable to configure components on Windows Hyper-V

HP SUM will not run on Windows Hyper-V. Components must be configured from a different system and can be deployed remotely to the Hyper-V server. Hyper-V is only supported as a target server, not a deployment server.

Suggestion action: No action, this is expected behavior.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/doc/p1911724091/v77041/HPSUMReleaseNotes5.0.1.pdf