BladeSystem - General
1752570 Members
5321 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to remove ILO licenses by script (hponcfg/RIBCL)

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

How to remove ILO licenses by script (hponcfg/RIBCL)

Christophe had an Integrated Lights Out (iLO) software question:

Hi All

I know how to massively load ILO licenses using hponcfg. But how can I unload (remove) licenses from the same devices (Ilos)

Thanks in advance

From Cullen:

I don’t think you can.  You can replace a license with a different one (particularly for demo and NFR licenses), but I don’t think the license is transferable.

Then Jimmy chimed in:

A reset to factory default will remove the license

<RIBCL VERSION="2.0">

<LOGIN USER_LOGIN="adminname" PASSWORD="password">

<RIB_INFO MODE="write">

<FACTORY_DEFAULTS/>

</RIB_INFO>

</LOGIN>

</RIBCL>

Then caution from Ed:

Yes …but be careful, in addition to the license being removed, that script will also remove the IP address, DNS names, LDAP config, Remote Console settings, Certificates, Power Info, grass stains, paint and In-Laws.

In other words…it can be too effective if you know what I mean.

Terry had another solution:

Chris,

Use the cli:

</>hpiLO-> delete /map1 license

Christophe tried Jimmy's reset script:

Thanks. The RIBCl “Factory_Defauts ” had some strange effects on the ILOS. After applying this script then resetting the ILO with a RIBCL/ Reset_RIB, the OA could no longer  communicate with the ILOs in the chassis, OA reset server xxx did not help, even a physical removal / insertion of the server in the chassis did not help. I had to use hponcfg on the server hosting the ILO to recover from the situation.

OA 3.11 C7000, ILO2 2.01

And Jimmy replied with some testing he did:

That’s odd, I’ve never had one do that. I just tested again on 3 different blades with no ill effects.  After the iLO reset the OA could access the iLO

That's where we stand. Tune in for more on this saga.

1 REPLY 1
chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Re: How to remove ILO licenses by script (hponcfg/RIBCL)

Input from Greg:

Sample OA HPONCFG command that will  “REPLACE” SSH key in all ilo’s within the chassis.

Note: that the “Administrator” cred in the sshkey has a space before it – this is really important.

Note: Your public sshkey from sim may or may not be Administrator,  just replace the sim name with Administrator.

Hponcfg all <<@@

<RIBCL VERSION="2.0">

<LOGIN USER_LOGIN="dontcare" PASSWORD="dontcare">

<RIB_INFO MODE="write">

<IMPORT_SSH_KEY>

-----BEGIN SSH KEY-----

ssh-dss

ContentOfYourSSHKeyFrom<SIMDir>/config/sshtools/.dtfSshKey.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 Administrator

-----END SSH KEY-----

</IMPORT_SSH_KEY>

</RIB_INFO>

</LOGIN>

</RIBCL>

@@

Once

Once you have the ssh key in the ilos then create your SIM Custom tool.

Sample OA HPONCFG command that will  “REPLACE” SSH key in all ilo’s within the chassis.

Note: that the “Administrator” cred in the sshkey has a space before it – this is really important.

Note: Your public sshkey from sim may or may not be Administrator,  just replace the sim name with Administrator.

Hponcfg all <<@@

<RIBCL VERSION="2.0">

<LOGIN USER_LOGIN="dontcare" PASSWORD="dontcare">

<RIB_INFO MODE="write">

<IMPORT_SSH_KEY>

-----BEGIN SSH KEY-----

ssh-dss

ContentOfYourSSHKeyFrom<SIMDir>/config/sshtools/.dtfSshKey.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 Administrator

-----END SSH KEY-----

</IMPORT_SSH_KEY>

</RIB_INFO>

</LOGIN>

</RIBCL>

@@

Once you have the ssh key in the ilos then create your SIM Custom tool.