1752681 Members
5400 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OA Heartbleed update?

RyanTerry
Occasional Advisor

I was able to get the iLO addresses excluded from any futre scans.  However all of my iLO 2 cards are down. 

Bay iLO Name                      iLO IP Address  Status   Power   UID Partner
--- ----------------------------- --------------- -------- ------- --- -------
  1 [Unknown]                     N/A             Failed   On       ?
  2 [Unknown]                     N/A             Failed   On       ?

Is there a way to reset iLO in this state without a reboot of the server?

RyanTerry
Occasional Advisor

Oscar,

We are running a c7000 enclosure with the 4.01 Firmware for OA.  The scanner that was used to test is from Qualsys.  We have confirmed that after a reset, the scan still crashes the iLO2 card.

tjagoda
Occasional Visitor

We are seeing this behavior on all iLO2 blades, observed firmware ranging from 2.12 through 2.23.  A way to reset the management processor without requiring the physical re-seating of the blade would be spectacular, so far hponcfg, ssh, and the web interface have been unresponsive. 

Daniel McPeake

Our secruity group scanned for the hearbleed bug last night and crashed about 500 ilo2. Is there anyway to recover without powering off all these servers?

RyanTerry
Occasional Advisor

tjagoda,

we were able to use:

reset server [bay number]

ssh'd into the OA card.  However it still reboots the server.  Still looking to see if there is a way to recover without a reboot.

tjagoda
Occasional Visitor

That is at least better than requiring a physical re-seating, but ideally we would still like a way to reset the management processor without a downtime-generating event.  

Wohlstand
Occasional Visitor

ILO 2 crashes

I can confirm this behavior. I had to take our  server from power by a support man on remote site. Really no fun. And a real DOS. There will be some script kiddies who will break down our ILO2 interface in the next hours. I can bet for it.

lindnear
Occasional Visitor

Hi Folks,

is iLO4 allso affected by this bug? We have a lot of iLO4 Boards in use and I'm asking if a scan would down all iLO Boards.

Thx for your replys,

Alex

Luke Hsieh
Occasional Advisor

Per following link, HP has verified that it's only ILO1 and ILO2 that are affected.  We have not seen similar issues in our ILO3/4 as well.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/kb/docDisplay/?docId=emr_na-c04249852

Edit: fixed link :p

AlexanderGom
Occasional Visitor

If you are a HP employee, we have this sharepoint with a good information about the Heartbleed Vulnerability

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-BladeSystem-Management/OA-Heartbleed-update/m-p/6444874/highlight/true#.U1fdarEo4b_