6361 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Questions on c7000: Number of Onboard Administrator modules that can be linked

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Questions on c7000: Number of Onboard Administrator modules that can be linked

Nick had an OA question:

I’ve a couple of questions with regards to the OA links (not VC) that I’m hoping you help with:

• Is there a limit to the number of c7000 enclosures that can be connected together via the OA links? We are not doing stacked VC between enclosures.
  • When discovering OA linked c7000 chassis in SIM must they be in the same rack, or can they be in different racks (the rack names are defined in the OA).

Reply from Dave:

If you are referring to the OA Tray service link, it is how many will fit in a rack.

You can fit 7 c3000 enclosures in a rack or 4 c7000s in a standard rack.

I’m not sure if there is an actual maximum to connect together through the service link, but keep in mind that when entering in the enclosure/ rack name, that rack name will take the last name entered.

Fredy also replied:

I am not sure the number has ever changed

From the C7000 Technology Paper….

Fredy,

Enclosure linking

Rather than requiring separate logins to access multiple management processors within each enclosure, the BladeSystem Onboard Administrator allows single point access. Thus, an administrator can use single sign-on to log in to a single BladeSystem Onboard Administrator and use the web GUI to graphically view and manage the HP BladeSystem c-Class components in up to seven linked enclosures.

Other comments?