108788 Solutions
New Discussion

HP StorageWorks SN6000 issue (plz help)

meekrob
Super Advisor

HP StorageWorks SN6000 issue (plz help)

Hi All,

we re having the following issue:
we re connecting an HP B-series 8/12c SAN Switch BladeSystem c-Class integrated to a C3000 chassis to an HP StorageWorks SN6000 FC Switch however, the SN6000 is not detecting the
WWNs for the blades servers. Note that the integrated B-series SAN switch is detecting all blades WWNs. Also note that we ve set unique domain IDs on both Switches.
Even when setting the port on the SN6000 to TR mode, the result remains the same (we dont need to route betwenn them anyway)
In fact, we do not need to configure transparent routing between both and we need them to behave as 1 logical switch where we will configure the zoning on the SN6000 only
Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

P.S. This thread has been moved from Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum) to HP BladeSystem Network Blades. -HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
meekrob
Super Advisor

Re: HP StorageWorks SN6000 issue (plz help)

I have a basic knowledge of SAN so in few words and correct plz if im wrong i need to create a zone of all blades on the embedded b series then connect it via TR port to the SN6000 switch? Am i right? Any documentation on how could it be done is appreciated. And still have an additional concern which is the following: when directly connecting 3PAR controller to the sn6000 its corresponding WWN does not show up from the quicktools web app. Any manual config on the sn6000 port level needs to be set?

Thanks in advance