BladeSystem - General
1748198 Members
2596 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

End of Life server information

Tom_Tucker

End of Life server information

I am looking for end of life server information for the following servers.

BL460c G1

BL460c G6

BL460c G7

BL620 G7

BL 680 G5

Can anyone help?  or point me in the right direction?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Servers > General to HP BladeSystem Server Blades - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
David_Schwartzs
Honored Contributor

Re: End of Life server information

Are you just looking for end-of-life dates? Or are you looking for other specific bits of information? Can you be a bit more specific on what you're looking for?
Regards,
--
David Schwartzstein
IT Channel Sales Expert / Solutions Architect

Currently looking for my next opportunity - http://www.linkedin.com/in/pctechyoda

If my post solves your problem, please kindly take a moment to mark my post as a solution. Thank you.
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: End of Life server information

The best place (as far as I know anyways) to check whether a ProLiant server is retired or not is the QuickSpecs (or Product Bulletin) documents.

Alas, as I just found out this HP web resource has fallen victim to HP's web page redesign project, but it still seems to work:

- Go to the following page:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/productbulletin.html#spectype=worldwide

- Type the product name in the search box and you should see a list of servers following that model.

- Select the generation you are interested in.  This should open a listing of links. Open the HTML document.

- Expand the bottom most heading, typically Technical Specifications and look at the end of that section for a date.

For example on the BL460c (g1) page the following is shown:

DA-12518 41 - Version 41 - February 16, 2010 --- Retired on March 5, 2010

Note that the retire date is not the End of Service Life - HP tends to add five years to the retirement date for this, but even then its not really a hard date - more of a guideline.

If there is a more effecient manner to check for this for ProLiant servers - I am all ears (or eyes)!

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!