BladeSystem - General
1748123 Members
3322 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Installing Windows Server 2012 R2 in iSCSI target and booting the blade from iSCSI target

karant
Advisor

Installing Windows Server 2012 R2 in iSCSI target and booting the blade from iSCSI target

I got ProLiant BL460c G6 and need to install Windows Server 2012 R2 in iSCSI target.

I pressed Ctrl+S during the boot and configured the NIC to link the iSCSI target. But during the Windows installation that is not detecting the disk and It still shows as  "We could not find any drives. TO get storage driver, click load driver."

Is there any documentation from HP or step by step guide to setup HP NIC as iSCSI target to install the Windows SERVER?

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Installing Windows Server 2012 R2 in iSCSI target and booting the blade from iSCSI target

karant
Advisor

Re: Installing Windows Server 2012 R2 in iSCSI target and booting the blade from iSCSI target

Thanks Jimmy,

No luck, I could not find the driver from HP web. my balde got Embeded Flex-10 but I downloaded HP Emulex driver and tried, have a look of attached pdf and give more idea.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I think the embedded NICs on that server are Broadcom, try the HP Broadcom 10GbE Multifunction Drivers for Windows Server x64 Editions

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
karant
Advisor

Thanks Jimmy. 

I think this time driver is working because it has picked the driver automatically as I haven't unticked the - "HIde drivers that...." [snapshot attached].

HP_Blade_NIC_Info.PNG

I selected both model of drivers but still not showing the disk that confiugrated in the NIC as iSCSI target .

I am not sure why it is not showing eventhough I configered the iSCSI target properly. Any other suggestion or troubleshooting steps I can try?