BladeSystem - General
1753974 Members
7680 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Inteligent Provisioning does not see Network File Share?

commguyaf
Occasional Contributor

Inteligent Provisioning does not see Network File Share?

We have some new HP ProLiant DL360 G8 servers that I am setting up. Since they do not have a CD drive I would like to be able to store the OS images on a network share, and have the Intelligent Provisioning grab the OS ISO's from this share. I am working within a Windows domain, using Server 2008 R2. I can not find anywhere in the documentation that came with the servers how to set this up. When I try to connect to a NFS file share on a Server 2008 R2 box, the Intelligent Provisioning can not connect. I do have a network connection, and was able to get an IP via DHCP and used the Intelligent Provisioning to download firmware updates from HP. Any help or a link to documentation is greatly appreciated, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Casper42
Respected Contributor

commguyaf
Occasional Contributor

Casper, you're correct thanks for that info. I did read that though and decided to try an FTP server instead since it does not require any credentials. I set up an FTP server on the network and was able to connect to it and download / upload files from various devices on the network. However, Intelligent provisioning still could not connect. I spent hours on the phone with HP support and was transferred up 3 levels of support. In the end they could not help. I asked if they had ever seen this work or had it set up in a lab... no. They suggested something on the network is blocking the server from accessing the ftp server (although they are on the same switch and subnet). So, I tried to make the connection as simple as possible. I set up a stand alone FTP server connected to the new Proliant with a crossover cable. The proliant still could not connect to the ftp server.