BladeSystem - General
1753321 Members
6363 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Which Drivers for BL460c G7 installed ESXi 5.1 (VMware Image)

Casper42
Respected Contributor

@albertwt - Roda's link is to a bootable ISO from Emulex that flashes the CNA (NC553i) firmware inside your 490c G7.

Before they flashed the firmware, the upgrade using the HP media you mentioned above was failing.
They flashed their firmware using the Emulex Offline Updater to a newer version and now the upgrade is working.

With the SPP and HP SUM versions released in 2013, you can now Flash firmware of an ESXi 5.x host while its running and then just reboot (do the drivers via VUM or ESXCLI or something too).
EXCEPT that the CNA/FC Firmware is not yet compatible with that process and must be done offline.
You can either boot from the SPP ISO which can take quite a while, or if you don't mind the manual nature of the Emulex utility, use that because its much faster. (30MB vs 3GB)
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Casper42,

Yes you are right, my ESXi 4.1 to 5.1U1 using the combined VMware-VMvisor-Installer-5.1.0.update01-1065491.x86_64.iso  and OneConnect-Flash-4.2.401.2215.iso failed as followsError.jpg

Where can I find the network info for the Network Card on the blade to do the Firmware upgrade ?

from the OBA device summary I can only find "HP VC FlexFabric 10Gb/24-Port Module"

Best regards,
Davidson777
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Davidson,

Do you just upgrade the NIC firmware or do you need to upgrade some other things as well ?

Best regards,
btvarma
Occasional Visitor

Thanks a lot. It saved my day.....!