1751854 Members
6175 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SB600C woes...

ChrisRepchinsky
Occasional Advisor

SB600C woes...

We recently had a major storm causing power-outages throughout the city and we were no exception. Up until this storm, everything was fine. Unfortunately, I did not have the HP Power Management setup (I do now) so the R5500 kept everything alive for about an hour and then everything shut down ungracefully.

When it was powered up again, everything came back up but in the AIO Storage Manager, I see errors regarding the Exchange Store(s) specifically the error message is:

Maibox Database: Failed to find volume 'Mailbox Database'. Ensure the volume is mounted.

This message is repeated for both First and Second Storage group (including the logs) but I should note that Exchange 2007 is running perfectly fine (everyone can get mail) but in the Application View (and only the App-View, the main view shows no alerts, everything is OK), there's this error as well as event viewer logs:

Could not discover File Volumes on host SEDMMX01

The host and storage for iSCSI LUN 0 cannot be found.

Alert: Failed to find volume 'Mailbox Database'. Ensure volume is mounted.

These messages are repeated for each LUN and for each Exchange item. These messages are repeated roughly every 20 minutes or so, ad infinitum. SEDMMX01 is where I have Exchange 2007 installed and it shows that the databases are mounted (Outlook works perfectly fine for every user).

I checked the iSCSI setup on both the SB600C and SEDMMX01 and nothing has changed, the only difference is SEDMMX01 is running v2.08 and the SB600C is running 2.06 but this was never an issue before.

My SB600C details:

StorageWorks AIO SB600C Storage System: Version 1.5.0
Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition Service Pack 2, R2: Version 5.2.3790, Build 3790
HP All-in-One Storage Management System: Version 1.1.22.18
All-in-One Storage Manager: Version 3.7.0.101
Sysprep: Version 5.2
Services for Netware: 5.02
HP Management Agents: 8.00.0.0

I'm going to include a screenshot of both the main AIO screen and the App view screen.

I've checked everything I can think of, as I said, up until a week ago, everything was fine as-is.
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisRepchinsky
Occasional Advisor

Anyone? I'm assuming it's some kind of stale file that needs to be deleted/renewed and everything in the application view will be returned to normal again.
Dennis Ronning

Did you ever figure out what was causing this problem?
I have the same trouble with our AiO and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the problem is. In our case, it is just one volume that is not mounted or foud, yet everything else seems to be fine; except that the mail won't back up.

Just checking.
ChrisRepchinsky
Occasional Advisor

No, I still have the problem. I did download the latest AIO software 3.8.0 but haven't applied it yet.

It'd be nice if there was a troubleshooting process documented (or for that matter, anything technical relating to the software documented beyond end-user type information) to make troubleshooting easier.

I'd rather not have to crawl through the entire system just to fix HP's software.

And of course I don't have a support contract so I'm talking to air asking for help in these forums 99% of the time (I say 99% of the time because one guy did actually give me some help in the past with the SB600C).
ChrisRepchinsky
Occasional Advisor

Didn't notice before but there is actually SOME diagnostic information related to this problem:

[10/07/2009 08:23:31.796][E][0006] The host and storage for iSCSI LUN 3 cannot be found. ├в Exception - Message: The given key was not present in the dictionary...- Type: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException.. - Method: ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException.. -HResult: 0x80131577 (-2146232969).. -Stack: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()..at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)..at HP.KoolAid.Server.Storage.RemoteStorageManager.Discover(Sandbox sandbox, DiscoveryScope discoveryScope)....
ChrisRepchinsky
Occasional Advisor

Come to think of it, I did uninstall Data Protector Express. Could that be related? We use our own backup solution so I saw no need to keep it installed.
ChrisRepchinsky
Occasional Advisor

I discovered something new while still searching for an answer to this. I enabled tracing on both my Exchange Server and the AIO600 and found this on the AIO600 server log:

[11/10/2009 12:46:55.875][I][0006] ServiceConnector: Connected to SEDMMX01:12550
[11/10/2009 12:46:55.875][I][0006] ServiceConnector: Requesting 'IStorageService'
[11/10/2009 12:46:56.281][T][0006] IscsiTargetManager: No Agent at 'SEDMMX01': 'Failed to CoCreate VDS loader'

I've reinstalled the ASM Agent on the Exchange Server but it makes no difference. I'm including the AsmServer.log file for further analysis.