BladeSystem - General
1752310 Members
6137 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Does VC FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module and Pass through module work within same chassis?

ITMN
Occasional Visitor

Does VC FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module and Pass through module work within same chassis?

Customer setup is C7000 chassis originally with just a fully cabled pass through module for network.  Now customer would like the below setup with recently bought VC FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module installed:

Blades 1-16 all have Passthrough 10GbE
Blades 09-16 also have VC with no uplinks (private switch)

I'm wondering if this is a viable setup.  One HP person on the phone told me that the VC would need to be in bay 1.  Is that true or with no uplinks on the VC can it be installed into one of the other chassis bays thus enabling the pass through to remain in bay 1? 

I've been searching the discussion boards and thought I've seen posts where someone says it is possible for VC and pass through to operate in same chassis and another post saying that with a certain version of the VC firmware allows the VC to operate out of bays 5 or 6.

Thanks for any assistance to all.

1 REPLY 1
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Does VC FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module and Pass through module work within same chassis?

The network connections of the blades are hardwired to the interconnect bays.

The the OA user guide for details.

The LOMs are wired to bays 1 and 2, you need additional NICs in the blades to connect other interconnect bays.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!