BladeSystem - General
1753943 Members
9274 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Possible to Aggregate Multiple SFP Uplinks on Virtual Connect to external switches?

babaracus
Occasional Advisor

Possible to Aggregate Multiple SFP Uplinks on Virtual Connect to external switches?

Hi,

I have 2 x virtual connect modules in bays 5 and 6. These are uplinked (active / active) via 1gb SFP connections to external switches (10gb planned for the future). I have a total of 2xSFPs in each bay uplinked to each switch.

However, my uplinks only use 1 of the SFPs in each module, the other is listed as standby.

Is it possible to aggregate both SFPs on each module to give me 2x1GB active connections from each bay rather than the 1gb that I currently get?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Possible to Aggregate Multiple SFP Uplinks on Virtual Connect to external switches?

virtual connect setup is something you don't do every day ...

You can create either an uplink port (like you probably did) or a uplink port set - this is a trunk.

Same for shared uplink ports.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
babaracus
Occasional Advisor

Re: Possible to Aggregate Multiple SFP Uplinks on Virtual Connect to external switches?

Thanks for the response, indeed its not something I have worked on before... and it looks like I just setup a shared uplink rather than a shared uplink port set. Will have a look at setting up the trunk.