4919 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Virtual Connect Simulator

Gene Kenny
Regular Advisor

Virtual Connect Simulator

Hello

Does HP have a Virtual Connect simulator? I thought at one time HP announced a VC simulator.

But I can’t locate the simulator, if you have the URL please pass it on.

Thanks,

9 REPLIES 9
chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

We do have a VC Simulator that is available to HP Pre-sales & HP Channel partners. It is an upsupported tool that is used for training and demonstration purposes. Hence it is not generally available for our customers.

Sorry but that is the current state of affairs. If you have a business relationship with an HP Channel partner or an HP sales/pre-sales representative, have them show you how it works.

Gene Kenny
Regular Advisor

Thanks Chuck.  I am with a partner. Do you know where I can download the simulator?

Thanks,

Mark Wibaux
Trusted Contributor

It's not something that you can just download from somewhere. You will need to talk to your HP Account Manager or HP ESSN technical contact to see if they can obtain it for you.

cristiang
Visitor

Hello,

Use this link and you'll be redirected ( Smart portal credentials are required) :)

http://www.ts.avnet.com/uk/press_centre/news_article/3274/virtual_connect_simulator_is_now_available_to_the_channel.html

BR,

Fhauntsman
Occasional Contributor

The link is a deadend/rabbit hole for me?  it redirects to http://www.ts.avnet.com/uk/ not HP?

HP Forever, don't live in the past, change the future!
mc1903-1
Advisor

Hi,

Virtual Connect Simulator v3.70 for Channel Partners has been on HP Smart Portal since 26th September...

Both the VC Simulator v3.15 for Channel Partners and VC Simulator v3.30 for Channel Partners are on the site as well.

The 'path' to download it is Smart Portal Home | Enterprise Servers, Storage & Networking (ESSN) | Industry Standard Servers & Software | Tools, Resources & Trainings | HP Virtual Connect (within the Product Specific Tools)

MC

DanRobinson
HPE Pro

Smart Portal appears to be an EMEA thing.

For the Americas it should be on the Partner Portal.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

solotesfa

Hello

Does HP have a Virtual Connect simulator? I thought at one time HP announced a VC simulator.

Thanks,

mc1903-1
Advisor

solotesfa wrote:

Hello

Thanks,

Hi,

Yes there is a VC Simulator available (links as per the above posts) but only if you are a HP reseller/distributor or HP employee..?

If you are a HP customer/end user then unfortunately the VC Simulator is NOT available to you...

MC