BladeSystem - General
1752795 Members
6456 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: When changing local VCM account passwords, the password is not replicating to the standby VC

Toupeiro414

When changing local VCM account passwords, the password is not replicating to the standby VC

We change specific passwords every 90 days.  A recent scenario required us to transition the VCM role to the standby VC.  the password which worked was one that was aproximately 2 and a half years old which indicated that when the passwords are being changed on the active VCM, they are not being replicated.  My methodology to change the passwords is via SSH CLI, and its not possible to log into the standby VC.  How can I ensure that the local account passwords replicate to the Standby VC properly?

1 REPLY 1
Casper42
Respected Contributor

Re: When changing local VCM account passwords, the password is not replicating to the standby VC

This should be happening automatically.

Change it via the GUI and watch the little icon at the very top.
That shows Replication in progress and config mis match.
After 2 minutes it should turn green showing config has been properly replicated.

Changing the password via the CLI should not be a problem.

If you have an opportunity to test this and find the GUI works but the CLI does not, I would open an HP Support case and have it looked at.