1748168 Members
4282 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ssh login to vc san cli

Larry Fee
Advisor

ssh login to vc san cli

Good morning - working on a poc with a C3000 chassis. I want to log into the ssh cli for the vc san module. I have created a full access account in the gui, but it will not accept my credentials at the cli. Is there a default I need to log in with and then create cli based accounts only? from reading through the posts on this forum it doesnt appear this is the case but I cant figure it out. Any help would be appreciated

Larry Fee

6 REPLIES 6
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, did you try to first ssh into the OA and then connect from that to the VC module?
Larry Fee
Advisor

nope - that was stupid of me, will give it a whirl

Larry Fee
Advisor

I can get to the Brocade like serial login, again, stymied by username and password - my creds dont work. I will contact the chassis admin to see if they set a administrator password and try that - otherwise still at a standstill

Larry Fee
Advisor

as a quick note - the reason behind this is to:

the new 8gb vc's appear as a switch/ag in our fabrics. we want to name as per standards, as well as add an access account so we get stats in Brocade Network Advisor - we will continue to manage the vc's through the vc manager, but want them to appear properly, and collect snmp alerts.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

ah, didn't know it could be plugged into dcfm, we got some older vc modules in the house but I try to stay away from them :)
Hongjun Ma
Trusted Contributor

I don't think you can login to VC-FC modules directly. They don't have VC Manager embedded. VC control plane management is through VC Manager and it's embedded into VC ethernet module so you can't just get a VC-FC and try to manage it. You have to get VC ethernet module and ssh into it and config anything related with VC-FC fro there.

My VC blog: http://hongjunma.wordpress.com