1752587 Members
4661 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

virtual connect Port Status INCOMPATIBLE

vien
Visitor

virtual connect Port Status INCOMPATIBLE

Hi! Im configuting c7000 Virtual connect uplink ports. But the status of my X1-X8 are INCOMPATIBLE (sfp-fc connector). Anyone can help me or tell me what is the casue of this error. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Thomas Martin
Trusted Contributor

Re: virtual connect Port Status INCOMPATIBLE

Hello,

please give us more information about your environment. Which VC Moduls and SFPS are you using? Please provide the partnumbers if possible.

Thomas

Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

You are plugging the wrong SFP into the ports is the simple answer.

Are you putting FC SFP in LAN ports or vice versa?

Are you plugging 16GB SFP into 8GB ports?

Hamed_Shehata
Occasional Visitor

I have similare issue, I have VC FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module (PN: 691367-B21) with 3 types of SFP 2 (10 GB and Ethernet 1 GB) of them is working and the 3rd type (8GB PN: AJ716B) is not working while it's in the compatibility list of the VC 

RobsonLorenzoni
Visitor

I have a igual issue, do you open a ticket on HPe Support? have any updates or diffent information?

My flexfabric is a 20/40 fw 4.50
Transciever aj716B

Regards,

Lorenzoni

eric lai
Advisor

Hi, Hamed

I have exactly the same issue here.

2 - 10G ethernet ports (x1,x2) worked and  "8GB PN: AJ716B: failed to work. (x3,x4)

It kep showing incompatable 

Can you please let me know how you resolved the issue?

Thansk

Eric 

Mig45

Hi all,

i have some news about this.

Envir.  Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 - AJ716B  (8GB) incompatible in VirtualConnect 20/40 .

There is prob. misisng authentification for this part. 

Verified solution for me in 2x times.

1)in one blade in impacted enclosure  upgrade fw on mezzanine HBA to latest . version , manually up HBA card + connection linked to "failed" port . Then is SFP validated.

Br...

Mig45

LudoCoul

Hello,

You will find the solution at page 288 from this doc: https://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-a00055965en_us-1.pdf

IncompatibleтАФThe port is populated with an SFP module that does not match the usage assigned to
the port, such as a FC SFP connected to a port designated for Ethernet network traffic. A port that is
not assigned to a specific function is assumed to be designated for Ethernet network traffic. For
example, ports X1-X8 of FlexFabric-20/40 F8 modules are assumed to be Ethernet until they are
assigned as part of a SAN fabric. They will show incompatible until they are actually added to the SAN
fabric and the change is applied.
An FCoE-capable port that has an SFP-FC module connected not assigned to a fabric or network is
designated for a network, and the status is "Incompatible." When a fabric is created on that port, the
status changes to "Linked."

Br

Ludovic

raju3g

Not able to access the pdf link, is it still valid?

I have similar issue 20 40 F8 Module port VC1/X8 not coming up. Tried with diffierent optics.

techin
Super Advisor