New Discussion юеВ

ASR Detected by System ROM

SOLVED
Go to solution
rianui
Trusted Contributor

ASR Detected by System ROM

Hello gurus,

I have a BL460c G6 server that is connected to a network PCI Expansion blade. The server runs on Linux RHEL5. It has been restarting without warning and after checking the IML logs of the Onboard Administrator I found ASR messages logged. I checked the site below and found it talking about "The Online Flash Component for Linux - System Programmable Logic Device (HP ProLiant DL380 G6)". Do we have a similar ROM flash for a BL460c or is there a known solution other than turning off ASR? http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&objectID=c01955503

Rianui
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: ASR Detected by System ROM

Why do you think that's the issue?
The advisory seems to suggest there will not be an ASR triggered, that the server just reboots.
The best way to check all of the firmware is to download the latest firmware DVD and boot that and update as required.
rianui
Trusted Contributor

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply. I was advised by HP to upgrade the iLO 2 firmware ans PSP. I also downloaded the firmware DVD today and used it to boot the servers. It run on auto and rebooted after the firmware upgrade, so I assumed it installed all required firmware. I am observing the systems now to see how they behave.

Regards,

Rianui
rianui
Trusted Contributor
Solution

The system finally quit displaying errors after applying firmware-iLO2, Onboard Administrator. A fresh installation of Linux was done and the system is now up and running ok.

Thanks and Regards,

Rianui