1748158 Members
3953 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BL495C G6 - Degraded - Internal Health LED Amber

bob_moodytx
Advisor

BL495C G6 - Degraded - Internal Health LED Amber

We have 4 BL495C-G6 blades in a C7000 chassis. One of the blades is reporting an Internal Health issue to the OA (also visable from ILO).

Problem is I can't seem to identify the health issue. Does anyone have any troubleshooting ideas to isolate the issue?

The blade is running and performance or reliability does not seem to be an issue.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Bob
7 REPLIES 7
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Re: BL495C G6 - Degraded - Internal Health LED Amber

Check in the IML.
It will most likely identify the failure.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo

stephen CA13841
Occasional Advisor

I am having the same issue with the exact same server, checked for error messages ILO and IML- none found. If i restart the server, the issue goes away, however a few days goes by and the same degraded issue returns.

were you able to find a solution to this issue?

JKytsi
Honored Contributor

And You are running the latest (and the greatest) firmware levels in the blade/OA/interconnects ?

Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Aissa
Frequent Advisor

We face the same issue, degraded status but nothing in log or IML or anything else. This not the first time, we have a lot of customer with the same issue.

HP have to do something about that, may be upgrade system hardware reporting so we can find something in the log.

(HP, just check you stock and see how many mother board have been changed for that probleme and the probleme come again)

Or tell us what make a degraded issue and what prevent it to log.

This is CRITICAL, changing motherboard/upgrading Firmware does not resolve it.

Aissa
Frequent Advisor

There is NOTHING in the IML,

IML is not working good, you can find error from 2008 but nothing from 2011 even if you have errors happens that year !!!

stephen CA13841
Occasional Advisor

no solution yet, have applied every fw since 2009. hp had indicated they would change mobo

vangass
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Today we had same problem but we found out where it lies. As all of You mentioned before OnBoard Administrator or iLO doesn't show any problem - only "Internal Health LED: Degraded". But on this blade we have vSphere ESX5 installed and it shows that there is a problem with Phisical Memory Module 01. So here it is.

Beside that I found on internet an interesting diagnostics method from HP - Smart Start CD -> LINK

hth

Vgs