4070 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Brand new C7000 Plantinum chassis where all fans goes into blinking amber

torashei
Occasional Contributor

Brand new C7000 Plantinum chassis where all fans goes into blinking amber

Hi,

A brand new C7000 PLantinum enclosure with all fans and power module installed has a strange problem.

When powering on we get 1-2 seconds with green light on fans then all goes into blinking amber. We have tried to different power outlet for the PDU's but nothing, no power in the OA module or the Insight display in front.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: Brand new C7000 Plantinum chassis where all fans goes into blinking amber

This is the real problem:

no power in the OA module or the Insight display in front

If the OA is not active, the fans do not know what speed to run, so they report flashing amber and run at full speed.  I bet the enclosure is really loud?

So, the problem is with the OA, likely the module itself.  As this was a new install, disconnect power and fully reseat the entire OA tray and then each module.  You might as well reseat each device bay and interconnect module as well.

If still a problem, then you may have a faulty OA module, OA tray or some connection issue.

Good luck!

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

As Robert says plus If you have a single OA make sure its in the left hand side (viewed from back) and you have a Power supply in the left hand side (viewed from front)

miramar-tech
Visitor

We are having the same issue with the fans all blinking amber. I have even taken a video of it on my other post regarding this. If you have any luck in resolving this let me know, likewise I will also update my thread with any good (or bad) outcomes.

http://community.hpe.com/t5/HPE-BladeSystem-Management/OA-Module-Error-Flashing-Fan-LED-s-amp-No-InSight-Display/td-p/6873102