BladeSystem - General
1745790 Members
4136 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

C7000 Blade Enclosure - iLO Link down alarm?

Baggigs
Occasional Advisor

C7000 Blade Enclosure - iLO Link down alarm?

Hi,

Is there a pre-defined alarm for OA when its iLO link connection is down?

From syslog, it shows "Kernel: Network link is down" but from OA GUI System status does not show any alarm indication.

OA_system_status.gif

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: C7000 Blade Enclosure - iLO Link down alarm?

Is the link still down?  I ask as I think that sort of event may clear itself upon re-connection.

Click on the System Status link to see any other events.  Also, if the LInk Loss Failover setting is enabled and the downed connection lasted longer than the value stated, you would have seen a fail-over of OA's occur.  That is something to consider configuring if its not already.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Baggigs
Occasional Advisor

Hi Bob,
Thanks. Actually, link loss failover is working when disconnecting iLo of active OA longer than the time set.
Our requirement is an alarm that will be triggered when iLo connection is down. For example, disconnecting iLO of standby OA, no link loss fail over is triggered and what we observed is that no any alarm indication.

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Are you using an SNMP trap receiver or perhaps AlertMail?  Do you get other alerts such as power supply or fan failures?

-Bob

----------------
Baggigs
Occasional Advisor

Hi Bob,
Right now we are not using SNMP trap or alertmail.
When link is down, the system status should indicate a critical or major or minor alarm, right? But, it is not happening.
Also, if system status does not indicate any failure then there will be no SNMP trap, right?
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

I played around a bit with one and found that when the active link goes down and fail over is enabled, you do see an alert, but only while that link is down.  once the link is restored the alert clears.   So, I would assume an SNMP trap would be delivered at that time as well.  Reviewing the OA logs shows what happens, including the failover.

-Bob

----------------
Baggigs
Occasional Advisor

Hi Bob,
Thanks.
Yes, snmp trap is triggered when active OA link down and failover occurs. But, no snmp trap when standby OA link down. I think the snmp trap is for the OA reset during failover, it is not for link down.