1748280 Members
4037 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: C7000 Onboard Administration: LDAP Authenitcation against multiple domains

ErikdenBurger
Occasional Contributor

C7000 Onboard Administration: LDAP Authenitcation against multiple domains

I'm trying to get my AD Authentication/Authorization working on our C7000.

Our Active directory is a single tree, two domain setup (test.corp and mgt.test.corp)

I have setup the directory settings to a DC in de mgt.test.corp domain. This works fine for users in the mgt.test.corp domain. However, we also have a couple of users from the test.corp domain. They are a member of the ILO-Admins group that is on the MGT domain.

When testing the connection, the user is authenticated but not authorised. The message is "No LDAP Groups associated with user were discovered"

This usually has to do with incorrect search context. (I've tried adding a search context that was pointing to the test.corp domain, but it was not working)

We have the same setup working perfectly for our ILO based rack-servers (DL360/DL380 G6/G7/Gen8)

Is it possible to use multiple domains for authentication/authorization in the OA of a C7000 ?

2 REPLIES 2
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

Please check the follwoing doc. I'll  hope, it help you further.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c02026030&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

Unless someone out there has a trick I didn't find that won't work.  I have three child domains with the DC's in those child domains.  You can only authenticate users in that child domain.  If you went to a DC at the root I believe it would work.