5638 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: how to login to ILO if we forget ILO password, with out down time

senthil_kumar_1
Super Advisor

how to login to ILO if we forget ILO password, with out down time

Hi All,

how to login (or reset the password) to ILO if we forget ILO adming password, with out down time.

Is it really possible, if yes, how?

4 REPLIES 4
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

senthil_kumar_1
Super Advisor

Hi,

I found from the link you referred that there is one script "Administrator_reset_pw.xml" to reset the password of ILO admin user...I found this from following link...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=1146658&swItem=MTX-84d9a19b43b84516ac2d26d01f&prodNameId=1135772&swEnvOID=181&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=1

Administrator_reset_pw.xml- Reset the default administrator account password using HPONCFG.

My Questions:

1)What will be the new password for administrator? or can we login with out password using administrator?

2)Can we use this script to reset the password for Enclouser ILO (ILO On board Administrator)?

senthil_kumar_1
Super Advisor

Hi

I would like to ask some more questions....

3)Do we need to have valid ILO user and password to run the scripts? So to reset administor , do we need to enter ILO admin password? what is the user of this? since we are reseting the password as we dont know the ILO admin password.

4)can we run the script directlry or is there any format / syntax?
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

You need to set the new password in the XML file

In a CLI session you can send the XML via the enclosure OA. 

Using hponcfg you do not need a valid username/password, but the syntax needs to be in the XML file your feeding to iLO

Run hponcfg from the command line and you will see the syntax

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!