1753964 Members
7138 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ilo AD scriping?

DonSmith0271
Occasional Advisor

ilo AD scriping?

I have 80 new blades and would like to script the AD configuration as well as create a new generic user on the blades ilo.  Is there a simple way to do this?  I used to have a RIBCL script for the new user but I can't seem to locate it.  Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hi,

You may review this guide for more information.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Cederberg
Honored Contributor

If you are familiar with powershell HP has made a scripting toolkit for windows powershell with some useful cmdlets

Some cmdlets that can be useful for you:

set-hpilodirectory

set-hpiloschemalessdirectory

add-HPILOUser

The downside may be that you need to know the address and credentials for every ilo to connect to them.

an exampel for adding a user to ilo

$cred = Get-Credential

Add-HPiLOUser -Server adress.to.ilo -Credential $cred -NewUserLogin Username -NewUsername Username -NewPassword password -AdminPriv Y -ConfigILOPriv Y -RemoteConsPriv Y -ResetServerPriv Y -VirtualMediaPriv Y

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5440659&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4063

Corum

Beside picking low hanging fruit to show an example of; How about creating an example on how to properly format the following commands?

set-hpilodirectory

set-hpiloschemalessdirectory

Say using "tiki.Bobble.net" as the AD server, "546" as the port, LDAP Directory Authentication Disabled, Use Extended Schema or Use Directory Default Schema
Kerberos Authentication Enabled or Disabled,
Local User Accounts Enabled or Disabled 

As well as usnig:

CN=<<group_name>>,OU=<<group type>>,OU=<location in AD structure>>,DC=<<trinarary Tier domain_name>>,DC=<<secondary Tier_Domain name>>,DC=<<Primary Tier_name, AE .com. .org, ETC>>

with full permissions? 

ukdc
Advisor

Hi -- The "Mod_Directory.xml" part of the RIBCL scripting toolkit will configure an ILO to use AD for user lookups and Mod_Schemaless_Directory.xml lets you set up groups (typically with different levels of privileges).