HPE Business Insights
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Meet “The world’s best MADP” in Barcelona

RafaelBrugnini ‎02-18-2014 11:12 AM - edited ‎02-23-2014 06:38 AM

Picture111.jpgA recent conversation with one of my UK-based Business Development Managers, added a whole new term to my vocabulary. It seems, in his view, that HP has the ‘best MADP on the planet’.

I was momentarily confused. “What’s a Mad Pea? Something green and angry?”

Apparently not. It seems MADP is the latest IT jargon for a Mobile Application Development Platform and I quickly realised my colleague was talking about the latest release of HP Anywhere, which we will preview at Mobile World Congress. While a new term to me, the pace of change in the mobile development space has a frightening ability to throw out enough jargon to catch out even the most technical of us sometimes.

The sheer revenue opportunity around Mobile Apps (despite many being free to download) is bound to create new concepts or even, repackage existing ones as developers do all they can to stay ahead of the competition.

Regular Blog readers will know I’m both passionate and vocal about the value of, what I now know to be, our MADP. From last year’s Mobile World Congress I posted Mobile Apps – Why reinvent the wheel? and last summer I talked about the pressure mobile applications were creating on back-end systems in Lessons from the beach – No time to switch off?.  My latest post New Apps from Old: No Genie Required also talks to the power of mobilizing your existing enterprise applications to create new use cases and value.

So I can confirm my team and I will be back at Mobile World Congress next week hosting a big party of HP customers as we showcase the full breadth of HP’s mobile solutions. So to see our newly-minted  MADP why not join us in Hall 3, booth 3A20?.

As well as HP Anywhere, we will be demoing  a whole portfolio of solutions to help you test, deploy and assure mobile application performance, virtualize network functions, discover actionable insights from data and compelling mobile experiences. For a full preview of HP's Mobile World Congress presence, visit us at www.hp.com/mobile-world-congress, or contact the HP event team concierge@hpatmwc2014.com or your HP representative.

You’ll see much more than just “The best MADP on the Planet”. Which is not something I would have been able to say before my chance encounter with my UK Business Development colleague.

Do you have any thoughts about MADP or any other new acronyms you wish to share? Then leave them in the comment section below.

About the Author

Rafael Brugnini (Rafa) joined HP in 1996 and has more than 20 years of knowledge and experience in the IT industry. He lives in Madrid with family, and in his spare time he enjoys windsurfing.

Leave a Comment

We encourage you to share your comments on this post. Comments are moderated and will be reviewed
and posted as promptly as possible during regular business hours

To ensure your comment is published, be sure to follow the Community Guidelines.

Be sure to enter a unique name. You can't reuse a name that's already in use.
Be sure to enter a unique email address. You can't reuse an email address that's already in use.
Type the characters you see in the picture above.Type the words you hear.
1-3 December 2015
Discover 2015 London
Discover 2015 in London, the ultimate showcase technology event for business and IT professionals to learn, connect, and grow.
Read more
November 2015
Software Online Expert Days
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts.
Read more