New Discussion

CMU 7.3.2 GUI not starting

SOLVED
Go to solution
Expro
Regular Visitor

CMU 7.3.2 GUI not starting

Hello,

Fresh upgrade to CMU 7.3.2 + patches [1,3,4,5,6,8]. Whenever I try to launch GUI, this exception pop-ups:

JNLPSigningException[Failed to validate signing of launch file. The signed version does not match the downloaded version.]
 at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDesc.checkSigningTemplate(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.security.JNLPSignedResourcesHelper.checkSignedLaunchDescHelper(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.security.JNLPSignedResourcesHelper.checkSignedLaunchDesc(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.security.JNLPSignedResourcesHelper.checkSignedLaunchDesc(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareResources(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareAllResources(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any ideas for solution?

3 REPLIES 3
Dave-SBS
Advisor

Re: CMU 7.3.2 GUI not starting

I assume you are launching the GUI from the CMU webpage on your headnode.

My guess:

When you launch from there it downloads a java jar file to your local system.  The downloaded file on your system is probably trying to use the old one from the previous version of CMU.    Try removing that old jar file.  Then when you launch the next time, it should download the new 7.3.2 version to your system.

You might also want to try section 3.5.2 from the CMU 7.3 User Guide as an alternative to going to the webpage each time.  Then you could just setup an icon to launch it right from your desktop.

Good Luck,

Dave

Rakshika
Advisor
Solution

Please clarify which HP CMU version are you using?

If you have HP CMU v7.3.2 , you should not install v7.3 patches. 

Please uninstall all v7.3 patches using 'uninstall.sh' script available with each patch.

Restart the CMU service on head node.

Then, clear browser cache and also JAVA cache from JAVA control panel. 

On Windows GUI client nodes:
          Control panel→java→General Tab→Temporary internet files→Settings→Delete files
On Linux GUI client nodes, run the appropriate tool (for example, jcontrol) to access
the Java Control Panel and clear cache.

As an alternative, there is a help icon on HP CMU v7.3.2 web page (before Launch GUI link ), please click that and follow the instructions specifed in pop-up to launch GUI.

Where are you launching HP CMU GUI, on head node  or other workstation ?

Is this a customer cluster ?

Expro
Regular Visitor

Thanks for replies!

It was my mistake, uninstalling patches solved problem. They are clearly named as for previous version, somehow I overlooked it.

Loose idea - maybe it is worth to add version check for patches, to prevent similar mistakes.