1748344 Members
5460 Online
108762 Solutions
New Discussion

NC522SFP Dual Port 10GbE Server Adapter keeps going down

Da--Mac
Occasional Visitor

NC522SFP Dual Port 10GbE Server Adapter keeps going down

I have 4 ProLiant DL380 G6 servers with Windows 2012 R2 installed and all updates.  I have a NC522SFP Dual Port 10GbE Server Adapter installed in each server with driver version 5.3.10.1101 (the latest I could find).  The are connected to an HP 6600ml-24XG (J9265A) switch with J9285B-AO 7M 10GBASE-CU SFP+ TWINAX F/HP PASSIVE DAC Cables.  

I keep getting QLNDNIC Link is down in the System Event on the servers.  It happens anywhere from 1 to 3 times per hour, but not every hour.  The times on the servers do not match each other.  The switch logs show lots of CRC/Alighnemt erros and Link flapping.

Any ideas?

Thanks so very much for any help!!! 

1 REPLY 1
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Re: NC522SFP Dual Port 10GbE Server Adapter keeps going down

Hello,

Which load-balancing / link aggregation method do you have configured on the Server?

Is that DAC cable supported by the host adapter? When I've seen CRC issues in the past it has usually been due to physical damage on a cable....

There is fairly recent software available for the switch. K.15.18.x is most recent - the 6600 aren't supported into the latest K.16.x releases with all of the aruba branding. Get the software by following the Support/Manuals link from the 5400 series product page - its the same thing.

I would try and bring the switch bang up to date software-wise in case something has been fixed. Then just run a single link up to the switch from the PC to make sure its not Win2012 load balancing / fail-over messing it up. 

If it doesn't improve stick a support call in.

HTH

Ian

Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me