New Discussion

Re: TACACS+ authorization on HP switch

SOLVED
Go to solution
mr_red
Advisor

TACACS+ authorization on HP switch

Hi guys!

I'm trying to reinforce access security on my HP E6600 switch by configuring aaa with a tac_plus server.

I was succesfull testing authentication, but I can't figure out how to setup commands authorizations,  for example tac_plus config :

user = username {
        default service = deny
         service = exec {
                priv-lvl = 0
        }
        cmd = show { deny .* }
}

doesn't has any effect on the switch, and the user can still execute all commands of level 0.

Is authorization feature (with tacacs+) supported on this switch, and how to configure it if yes?

Thank you,

PS : the firmware version is K.15.07.0008

3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Debruyne
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

AFAIK, provision only supports tacacs authentication, not authorization. Command authorization can be achieved through a RADIUS server with some VSAs listing the allowed/disallowed commands.

Best regards,Peter

mr_red
Advisor

Thank you for answering. That was helpful

krillean
Occasional Advisor

According to HP manuals for Procurve switches You should be able to set Privilige Level to either 1 or 15 giving you operator or manager rights. This is made by the command:

aaa authentication login privilege-mode

But the switch (e.g 3500 or 6600 switch) doesn´t acknowledge the setting "priv-lvl=1" setting on TACACS+ or TACACS.net server. I am guessing the attribute name is different on Procurve but I am not able to find it.

Anybody who knows more on this?

Best Regards // Kristian Modess