1752609 Members
4087 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Web auth and Mac OS x

Nic7
Occasional Visitor

Web auth and Mac OS x

I'm having an issues with Mac os x and web based aaa port access.

Everything works with Windows 7 using Chrome, and Ubuntu using fire fox.  I connect a Mac to the switch and don't get redirected to the login screen tried safari and firefox.

Enet0 gets the proper DHCP addr from the switch but the browser does not redirect.

The switch is a 3500yl running K.15.02.0005

aaa port-access web-based 1-10
aaa port-access web-based 1 ssl-login
aaa port-access web-based 2 ssl-login
aaa port-access web-based 3 ssl-login
aaa port-access web-based 4 ssl-login
aaa port-access web-based 5 ssl-login
aaa port-access web-based 6 ssl-login
aaa port-access web-based 7 ssl-login
aaa port-access web-based 8 ssl-login
aaa port-access web-based 9 ssl-login
aaa port-access web-based 10 ssl-login

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Christoph Gartmann
Occasional Advisor

This doesn't work and seems to be an error in the switch firmware. When connecting a Windows machine all is fine. Using some Macintosh at the same port with the identical configuration is impossible :-(
rventura
Frequent Advisor

Yes, i can confirm this as we experienced the same problem. All non Mac OSX clients work fine.

What i found out is that Web Auth works on OS X IF you do not move the machine to a different port. If you do move it, i had to wait an unknown amount of time and reboot the Mac before the switch was able to authenticate it again.

The Mac will get IPs from the swtich and direct it to the login page, however, once authenticated it will not authenticate again, even if it is the same machine on the same port. It must be some sort or bug in the switche's firmware.

Problem persists even when the re-authenticate periods are changed and enabling "move" on the ports.

Also, you can authenticate and move ports on a Mac without any issues, as long as you have an 802.1X profile configured on the interface. If this is done, not issues will arise, but Web Auth for OS X seems to be all messed up.