1752568 Members
5562 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Can't clear locked condition on DL380 Gen9

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Can't clear locked condition on DL380 Gen9

I added a test DL380 Gen9 to our Oneview console a couple of weeks ago.  Everythinhg was fine until someone inadvertently changed the ILO ip address at which point the server status went to critical.  I changed the ip back to the original address but cannot get the critical status to clear.  Under Server Hardware the status says "Locked  -  Refrexh failed for server hardware".  I've tried power cycling server, resetting ILO, unassigning profile (won't let me),   Attempting to unassign the profile returns error:

"Unable to retrieve power state for the server hardware servername. The appliance no longer has management access to the server hardware due to a change in iLO management settings."

Resolution

Refresh the server hardware and then retry the operation.

Doing a refresh returns a msg to unassign the profile.  I'm stuck in a loop.  Also tried removing the server which is not allowed because there is a profile assigned.

ILO version is 2.40. 

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Can't clear locked condition on DL380 Gen9

Can you provide a screenshot of the message you recieve when you attempt to refresh the server hardware?  You should be prompted to provide the iLO Hostname/IP Address and administrator credentials again.  Since the server in question is a DL server, I would likely suggest to force delete the Server Profile, attempt to refresh again, and likely re-add the server if you are unable to successfully refresh the server.

Can you also provide more detail what HPE OneView version you are using?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Re: Can't clear locked condition on DL380 Gen9

Chris - I followed your suggestion and did a force delete of the profile (didn't even know that option existed).  I then powered down the server, recreated the profile, applied it and powered the server back up.  This time it returned an error about the profile being incosistent.  So I punted and deleted profile, the server and the profile template and then recreated them all and everything worked.  Thanks for your help