108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Can't launch ILO console from OneView

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Can't launch ILO console from OneView

Just installed Oneview yesterday and everything was fine.  I have one c7000 blade enclosure added.  Today, I am unable to select a blade and click Actions->Launch Console - it does nothing.  I have confirmed that this is an issue with my pc because I can successfully launch from a coworkers pc.  I have tried Chrome and IE.  Uninstalled the ILO remote console app that got installed yesterday, cleared cache, browsing history, rebooted, etc.  Removed all references to the remote console from the registry. 

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Can't launch ILO console from OneView

To re-install the iLO Remote Console application on your PC, hold the Left Shift key when selecting "Launch Remote Console" from the Actions menu.  This will display the original prompt so you can re-install the remote console application.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

I tried it and it worked as suggested but console still won't launch.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Can you manually launch the 'iLO Integrated Remote Console' Windows application?  You should see it in your Start Menu/Screen.  If so, then your web browsers Application MIME Settings are not working as expected.  Internet Explorer takes what is the Default Application for the URL 'hplocons' protocol.  Chrome and FF have their own Mime file handling options, so you may want to check that.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

I can manually launch the 'iLO Integrated Remote Console' Windows application.  What exactly should I be looking for regarding the MIME settings?

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor
Solution

I was never able to resolve this.  But since it was a new install and not in prod yet and 2.0 was just released we blew away the old and installed the new.  ILO console works now.  Thanks for the responses