108788 Solutions
New Discussion

G6 iLO Version

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scott_r
Valued Contributor

G6 iLO Version

I've come across several Windows servers that have iLO Version 2  at code level 1.78. Can I just update the firmware through iLO point to the bin file and perform the upgrade and add to OneView? I was hoping nothing required installing anything in the operating system and stay at the iLO hardware page solely?

Thanks for reading and responding,

Regards,

Scottr

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: G6 iLO Version

OneView will not upgrade the iLO firmware for a G6 server.  You can upgrade it via the method you described.  However, for proper monitoring of a G6 server, you will need the Insight Manager Agents installed, and the iLO will need to have the "SNMP Pass-through" setting enabled.  iLO2 and iLO3 do not have an SNMP agent that can report server health status like iLO4 can.  iLO3 and iLO2 require the Insight Management Agents in order to query the server health status.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Scott_r
Valued Contributor

Thank you. I'm looking to upgrade iLO directly while conntect to iLO (no oneview as iLO2 is 1.78) and my question was mainly to inquire can I just upgrade the iLO firmware alone (using bin file direct method in iLO) without having to update any Windows drivers while booted into the operating system. Insight Manager is installed.

Thank you,

scottr

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

iLO firmware is independant of the OS drivers.  The only exception could be the iLO CHIF (CHannel InterFace) Driver.  The Release Notes for the CHIF driver would note if it requires a specific iLO firmware version.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Scott_r
Valued Contributor

Chris,

Thank you very much for your help!

Thank you,

Scottr