HPE OneView
1748156 Members
4443 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion ī„‚

Re: HP OneView for Vcenter in test Environment not showing Server information from DL380G6 Running I

jason blake
Advisor

HP OneView for Vcenter in test Environment not showing Server information from DL380G6 Running ILO2

Hi....

I have in a test environment a DL380 G6 host running ILO2 with a standard License. (Not sure if this is the problem)

It is running an HP custom build of ESXI 5 and Vcentre5.0 via Vmware Essentials.

The Vsphere Client is showing the Hardware Status tab and all the sensors are running ok.

I have installed Oneview for Vmware vcentre on the Vcentre server and the Vsphere client is showing the HP management tab ok. I have added the appropriate ILO 2 ipaddress and and username and password. The Host even shows the ILO icon in the left hand corner.

The trouble I have is that the Server information is not being populated with any information. As shown below.

Anyone any ideas ?

Capture.JPG

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to Converged Management. - Hp Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: HP OneView for Vcenter in test Environment not showing Server information from DL380G6 Running I

The Hardware Status page is a different mechanism and is not part of the OneView for vCenter plugin. When looking at the HP Management tab, click the Actions menu, then select Communication Status. What does that show?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

jason blake
Advisor

Hi Chris....

they say the following.... Unavailable. for both Server and ILO.

Jason

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

You need to add the iLO and Server (ESXi) Global Credentials or at the Server level.  Take a look at Page 11 of the HP OneView for vCenter 7.5.1 User Guide on how to do this.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

jason blake
Advisor

Hi Chris..

thanks for the reply. I have already added the ILO credentials both at the server and global levels. Any more ideas ?

Jason.

vcblades
Frequent Advisor

No luck same result @ 11/27/2015 with all latest versions and server status says normal and ilo unavailable

gfarge

Try restarting oneview related services