108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Hardware Support roadmap

SOLVED
Go to solution
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

As you were inquiring about vSphere 4, no, as HP OneView only supports vSphere 5 or greater due to the VM hardware type.  If you plan on upgrading to a newer release of vSphere, then my comment could change.  As always, please read the Release Notes and Support Matrix for the product in question, as they are always kept up to date.  I provided a link to the Enterprise Information Library, which should be the first place you visit for that type of document.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Let it be clear that Oneview is an appliance based VM that can be installed through a VMware OVF file (and like Chris mentioned on VMware 5.x minimum), and that HP SIM and Insight Control needs to be installed on a Windows servers (Linux is also supported).

So as such it could be running on the same VMware servers. The tool set used however will be slightly different.

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
mt3dek
Advisor

Thanks for the clarification, and OneView requires additional licensing and Insight Management does not correct?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Both HP OneView and HP Insight Control are completely seperate licensible products.  For licensing options, please refer to the QuickSpecs for each product:

Insight Control QuickSpecs

HP OneView QuickSpecs

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Brendan Murphy_5
Frequent Advisor

Looking through the OneView quickspecs, I see that only G7 & G8 blades are supported as well as G8 Proliant servers.... so maybe the "Server Provisioning" section under "Standard Features" should be modified to remove the line about support for G6 PXE-free deployment.

"PXE-free deployments leveraging HP Intelligent Provisioning for ProLiant Gen8 servers (and with additional support for ProLiant G7 and G6 servers)."

Regards,

Brendan

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Thank you for your reply Brendan.  Insight Control Server Provisionging has a different support matrix than HP OneView, and supports older genration of ProLiant servers.  Even though an HP OneView license entitles customers to use ICSP, they are seperate products. 

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo