HPE OneView
1748074 Members
5185 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

How to delete licence key with API

DefaultUser

How to delete licence key with API

We just added our AKA licence to OneView and have problems with a couple of servers.

We get this message in OneView:

Delete the license key from the appliance using the license delete API (DELETE /rest/licenses/252). Verify iLO connectivity and refresh the server hardware to license it

So.. Where do i paste in the "DELETE /rest/licenses/252" ?

I have downloaded the powershell library and are looking at some samples, but none of them use codes similar to "DELETE /rest/licenses/252"

I have also found this page:

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/docs/enterprise/servers/oneview1.2/cic-rest/en/content/s_license-delete-key-sdk-atlas.html

But still.. Where and how do I enter the code? 

Thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
DefaultUser

Re: How to delete licence key with API

Update: I got some help from a colleague and we downloaded "Request Maker" from Chrome Web Store.

We then sended a DELETE command like this:

DELETE https://SERVERURL/rest/licenses/252

And in the sourcecode after, we get this message:

{"errorCode":"DELETE_LICENSE_OPERATION_NOT_SUPPORTED","data":{},"details":"","errorSource":null,"nestedErrors":[],"recommendedActions":["Ensure the license resource is not in use."],"message":"Unable to delete the license resource as it is already in use."}

I have added a couple of screenshot showing the problem

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

You cannot delete or remove a license that already has allocated members from the license pool.

There is a Remove-HPVLicense PowerShell CMDLET that could help you. If you wanted to use the PowerShell library and issue the API call as is, use "Send-HPOVRequest /rest/licenses/{id} delete" as your command.

The error response you see indicates one or more licenses have been allocated from the pool. The only way to resolve this is o contact HPE Support, and elevate to Level 2.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

vanz
Occasional Contributor

Hello everyone,

We had same errors appearing spontaneously on several servers and efuse seems to resolve the problem for us.