1751972 Members
4467 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: New to Oneview- New Setup Server profile problem

omartinFE
Occasional Contributor

New to Oneview- New Setup Server profile problem

Hello all, I am new to oneview and HP blades. I am setting up a new enclosure. Everything appears to be setup correctly however, when i try to create a server profile with network or fiber connections the dialogue box says "none available".

I also see this:

"Ethernet is available as a function type only when Ethernet connections are supported by both the logical interconnect group and the server hardware type. To create Ethernet connections, the server hardware type must contain adapters that support Ethernet and the logical interconnect group associated with the selected enclosure group must contain interconnects that support Ethernet."

"If the network you are looking for is not available, it is likely because it is not configured in the logical interconnect group associated with the selected enclosure group for this profile."

The version of Oneview we are using is: 2.00.02-0219211 . Browser is IE10 (also had the issue with Firefox)

We have networks defined (ethernet and fiber) . Network sets are also defined. The logical interconnect group and the uplinks all appear to be setup properly per the oneview setup guide. So I am not really sure why we are having this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: New to Oneview- New Setup Server profile problem

Hello @omartinFE, and welcome to the HPE OneView Community Forums.

When you create Server Profiles, you are required to provide one of the two following values:

• Server Hardware Type and Enclosure Group
  • Server Hardware (the Server Hardware Type and Enclosure Group will automatically be filled in)

This tells the Server Profile editor how to build the rest of the Create Server Profile dialog editor.  And part of that is to filter what Ethernet, FibreChannel and FCoE Networks are avialable. 

If none are available, then it typically is the Network resource has not been added to an Uplink Set within Logical Interconnect Group (in 2.0, as Ethernet Networks are no longer automatically provisioned to all Ethernet capable VC interconnects).  As you stated you already did this.  The next step is to then look at the child Logical Interconnect resources, as they should no longer be "Consistent" with the parent Logical Interconnect Group (which is what defines the Virtual Connect or Interconnect layout policy).  Go to Actions -> Update from group in order for the Logical Interconnect to be consistent with the parent.

I would also like to direct you to a whitepaper I authored and help maintain, "HPE OneView Deployment and Management Guide".  It is located in the Whitepapers section of the HPE Enterprise Information Library.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo