108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problems installing HP OneView

sporyshev
Visitor

Problems installing HP OneView

Hello.

I tried installing HP OneView 1.0 as a VM and got an error:

"Oops! Restart the appliance. Contact your authorized support representative for assistance."

I can download the Support Dump from OneView VM but can not analyse it.

Can anyone help solving this error? Are there any additional requirements for VM configuration?

Best regards,

Roman

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Can you please describe a bit more detail regarding your environment?  What version of vSphere are you running?  The message appeared right when you powered on the VM for the first time, correct?  What is the host hardware, including disk?  The boot of the VM can be rather resource intensive.  So, if you have any serious resource contention, that will certainly introduce issues for the internal services to start.

Only HP Support can examine the Support Dump at this time.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

sporyshev
Visitor

Chris, we are using ESXi 5.1.0 with Lefthand storage.

Yes, the message appeared when we power on the VM for the first time after there were "Starting..." and "Waiting..." messages for a few minutes.

The host server is a DL360G5. But as this is our test environment the host has only one 1Gb Ethernet link which is used both as a link to the iSCSI datastore and as a link for VM network.

I will try using FC storage to deploy OneView. But it seems very strage if disk performance can introduce some issues for starting the internal services of OneView VM.

Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

sporyshev, the 1st boot can be pretty intensive; are you able get a local disk installed (with cache) and boot from there to see if the delay in booting the remote iSCSI based filesystem is a possible cause?

As you are running an older G5 based server. Can you see if it matches the following minimal config:
Two 2 GHz virtual CPUs.

10 GB of memory dedicated to the appliance.

160 GB of thick-provisioned disk space.

Cheers, Jeroen

(I am an HPE employee)
sporyshev
Visitor

Chris, Jeroen, thank you for your advices.

I tried once again installing OneView this time using a FC-connected storage. And all went fine - I have successfully installed OneView and configured it.

In my case the problem really was in a slow iSCSI storage.

So now as I have the working instance of OneView VM one more question arise - is it now safe if I move the OneView VM to my slow iSCSI datastore? Or will I probably have some issues later at the time when I need to restart this VM?

Best regards,

Roman

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Considering your iSCSI network is shared with a single 1Gb connection, I would advise you not to move it there.  As Jeroen stated, the first time the VM starts (not just the very first time, but anytime it needs to boot) is pretty disk IO intensive.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo