6676 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Where or how do i add a static route in the HP Oneview ESXi appliance

sk11
Occasional Contributor

Where or how do i add a static route in the HP Oneview ESXi appliance

query

a OneView server on ip 10.0.6.92 with a default gateway at 10.0.0.1. Using that gateway gives the OneView server the option to reach all subnets except 1 subnet. We have one subnet that is reachable by another gateway 10.3.1.x. There is no option to set a separate route. Is there a way to set a different route in the software? Maybe from the shell?

ip V4   10.30.6.92

sub 255.255.240.0

gateway 10.0.0.0

pref dns 10.0.3.21

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/docs/enterprise/servers/oneviewhelp/oneviewRESTAPI/content/s_security-open-ports-fusion.html

i think long as these ports are open all around on gateway too it should work

4 REPLIES 4
JakubM
Advisor

Re: Where or how do i add a static route in the HP Oneview ESXi appliance

There is no option to setup additional routes on appliance via web interface. Maybe try to contact with HP Support and with his help try to log in with root account into appliance and add additional route?

regards

Jakub

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Hello @sk11, and welcome to the HPE OneView Community Forums.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to add a static route on the appliance, nor can we provide shell access to the appliance OS.  Have you looked at adding a static route to the 10.3.1 subnet on your 10.0.0.1 gateway instead?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

sk11
Occasional Contributor

Thansk for the response ,for clarification  I uploaded an attatchment of the network.

The Oneview server must be able to reach Server A and HP PDW. Server A can be reached by adding a default gateway 192.168.2.1 in this example.

To reach HP PDW a have to add a secondary route to reach the network 192.168.3.0 over router 192.168.2.254.

To add that secondary route/ static route we need to have an option through the web interface or the ssh console of the HP oneview to get there.

I would like to know how I can get a static route in the HP oneview

thanks sk11

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

We do not provide any method to adding any static routes to an HPE OneView appliance.  As stated above, your only solution is to add a route statement to your firewall.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo